What organization has proposed forced sterilization for those who have already had two children?
The answer is—Planned Parenthood!
Frederick Jaffe, who was the head of research at Planned Parenthood, proposed “compulsory sterilization for those who have already had two children” in a memo entitled “Examples of Proposed Measures to Reduce U.S. Fertility.” 1
Alan Guttmacher himself, who was the president of Planned Parenthood for over a decade, stated, “Each country will have to decide its own form of coercion, determining when and how it should be employed,” noting that “the means presently available are compulsory sterilization and abortion.” 5 He told a reporter that such force may be especially needed “in areas where the pressure is the greatest, possibly in India and China.”6
This is why Planned Parenthood has written in support of China’s coercive one-child per couple policy.7 This brutal policy includes mandatory sterilization and forced abortions. Planned Parenthood fought to restore U.S. funding to the United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA) which had committed $100 million to this Chinese program.8
These are the atrocities that Planned Parenthood commits and to which Planned Parenthood is committed!
“Did not He who made me in the womb make them? Did not the
same One form us both within our mothers?”
Examples of proposed Measures to Reduce U.S. Fertility, a Planned Parenthood memo written by Frederick Jaffe (Planned Parenthood head of research), 1969. ↩
- Ibid. ↩
- Ibid. ↩
- Activities Relevant to the Study of Population Policy for the U.S., a memo written by Frederick Jaffe and quoted in Family Planning Perspectives special supplement no. 1129, 10-70/30, p. ix. ↩
- Claire Chambers, The SIECUS Circle, (Belmont, Mass.: Western Islands, 1977), p. 330. ↩
- Richard D. Glasow, Ph.D., Ideology Compels Fervid PPFA Abortion Advocacy, National Right to Life News (March 28, 1985), p. 5. ↩
- The Wall Street Journal, December 19, 1984. ↩
- Douglas Johnson, New Battle Looms Over U.S. Aid for U.N. Agency Supporting Coerced Abortion, National Right to Life News (May 1, 1986), p. 1. ↩